Saturday, July 31, 2010

9:00 has come ...

... but my luggage is still gone. I was kind of hopeful that it might show up tomorrow. But after the response I've gotten from the airline today, I can't imagine that a Sunday is going to be much better. I think I'm going to visit the psychics in Jackson Square to see if they can give me any info.

I'm trying to look at this as a lesson - see what you can live without. Not sure I'm ready to join the six item wardrobe club. (Look it up, its a real thing.)

We had a fun walk down Bourbon Street. I kind of forgot how sleezy it is, though. We had Binets at Cafe du Monde (see picture). When we returned to the hotel we had a half-hour in the pool. It is on the roof and it was beautiful - warm and relaxing. I'm glad I realized I'd have a hard time replacing my bathing suit in downtown New Orleans and put it in my carry-on.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are having a good time in spite of the disaster with your luggage.

    ReplyDelete