Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Vieux Carre ...

... AKA the French Quarter means "old square" in French. Yesterday we had a beautiful and unusual VIEW of the Vieux Carre. And Geocaching gave me that view. I did this cache six years ago - the last time I was in New Orleans and had a great view then, but this time we met the owner of the cache - and it gave me a different view of the city. It seems the people of New Orleans and Louisiana - at least the people I've met on this trip - care very much about this beautiful city. Bamboozled, the cache creator, wanted to show the beautiful view of the city from the tall building on the edge of the French Quarter where he works. But besides just "showing" us around, he told us where to find some other great views and provided some awesome memoribilia that we wouldn't have found any other way - including some "Katrina Coins" pennies that had survived the flood in his home. So I'm sharing my beautiful view with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment